Holmfield, Lyndhurst, New Forest
Tel: 0117 330 9887, Mob: 07717 443 127,
Stable Cottage, is a charming late Victorian cottage is within the grounds of Holmfield House, a large country house set back from Lyndhurst High Street. The cottage overlooks attractive and peaceful communal gardens, from both the front and rear, in a beautiful setting on the edge of the village of Lyndhurst surrounded by some of the older properties in the area.
From Stable Cottage you can walk straight out onto Bolton’s Bench (one of the most iconic natural landmarks of the New Forest) where you can enjoy views over White Moor and the New Forest. You can walk deep into the heart of the forest including the nearby at Parkhill and Pondhead Inclosure known for its stunning bluebells and charcoal making.
This self catering cottage, sleeps four people comfortably in two separate bedrooms with a double sofa bed in the living room and double day bed in the dining room for up to four more visitors - perfect if you would like to have friends with you for a few days.
Stable Cottage comprises:
- Living room with views over the gardens and lawns of Holmfield House, both front and rear. There is a television, books for the avid reader and local maps, recommended walks and guides about the area to help you plan your day. There are also brochures on local tourist attractions and sports centres.
- Dining room with views over the enclosed garden and lawn to the rear with dining table and high chair, if required.
- Kitchen overlooks the enclosed garden and lawn to the rear, with fridge freezer, gas hob and electric oven, microwave and washing machine..
- Hall and Cloakroom with a downstairs toilet and hand basin.
- Utility room, patio garden and greenhouse with views over secluded rear garden and lawn.
- Gas central heating throughout the cottage.
- Master bedroom with double bed and views, both front and rear, over the gardens and lawns of Holmfield House. A travel cot is also available, if required.
- Second bedroom with a twin single beds and views over the front gardens and lawns.
- Bathroom with bath, shower, toilet and hand basin.
The Village of Lyndhurst
Stable Cottage is on the outskirts of Lyndhurst - this delightful village is home to the New Forest Museum and Visitors centre - which is a great place to visit to find out more about the history and managament of the New Forest. Lyndhurst also has a stong connection with Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll based his novel on a young Alice Liddell, who resided in the town of Lyndhurst.
The New Forest Tour bus stops in the village throughout the summer, so you can join the tour and explore the whole of the New Forest or you can catch the regular bus and head towards Brockenhurst where you can stop at New Park and enjoy one of the regular events (polo matches, New Forest Country Show, craft shows, steam rallys and more are hosted on the showground each year).
- Weeks in low season from £375 pw to high season £995 pw
- Weekends/weekdays short breaks in low season from £275 to high season £675.
- Self catering holidays available all year around including Christmas, New Year, Easter and other bank holidays.
- Short breaks for weekends and/or weekdays are available from Friday and/or Monday outside of high season.
- Changeover day is Friday, or Monday for weekdays short breaks
For more details:
Please contact Stephen Morris to discuss your requirements and request a provisional reservation: